Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am not the most pleasant person in the morning. My cats and dog usually wake me up between 5:00 and 6:30 every morning to be let out, and when I am awake ... I am awake.
I use to be very angry and ugly during this time. I use to drink my pot of coffee (I know I should not drink an entire pot of coffee myself.) and think "what a crummy life I have, this world sucks, blah, blah. Then I began using this time to collect myself, read emails, lesson plans, pay bills, etc. and my life did not seem as crummy. Now ... just a note, my life is still pretty stressful with many trials and obstacles, it just seemed better.
Lately I have begun to use this time for a short reading of the word, not a study, nothing in-depth, just a short reading of the word to hopefully read the bible in a year. Kalie and I are studying together during school (most days) while she creates her Bible Notebook. This morning time is just for me to read.
Well ... let me tell you ... the Lord works in a wondrous way! My mornings have become much more enjoyable. I am less of a crab, have a much better outlook on life and am able to see the many positive things that are around me. The world still sucks, but it doesn't matter because it is in God's hands. He is in control and will take care of things.
Would I rather sleep in? You betcha! (The Minnesota in me coming out.) But since that is not an option, I am very thankful that the Lord has used this time to bring me closer to him.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Quiet Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hi--There are tons of families selling SOTW stuff on ebay right now. Nearly every topic covered has online interactive sites that are fun for kids. There are even coloring pages for the googling. The majority of the activities can be found by googling eg. Ancient Egypt lesson plans. You can also google clip art to put on a timeline. I can't remember how old your kids are, or which SOTW number you are using,so I don't know if you are looking for older or younger activities. Send me an email and I'll see what I can share.
Post a Comment