Kalie has been very lonely since her daddy has died. He was the “good” parent, always ready to play and read. He never had to worry about keeping the house, paying the bills, her education, therapy appointments, her diet, clothes, etc. You know all the things moms have to do. We have all missed Bill, each in our own way. The older girls miss having someone on their side to help change my mind. I miss my best friend and confidant. Kalie misses her best friend and daddy! He has been gone for two months now and it seems like yesterday and also like forever ago. So, that being said, we have been missing something … I of course, had to try and fix things and fill the void.
We got a dog! Crazy, I know. Just what I need, another responsibility and expense to add to my overflowing, underfunded plate. I really felt that Kalie needed an always be there for you, love you even during the rough times, friend. Well hopefully, that is what Izzie will be.
Izabel (Izzie for short) is an AKC black cocker spaniel. She is about a year old. She has been crate and house trained. (Which is the only way I could have done it, we are not good trainers? LOL!) A friend who encouraged this new adventure, saw a listing on Craig’s List. She convinced me to check it out. After over a week of back and forth we finally met Paige (Izzie’s mommy). She bought Izzie to meet us. It went so well that we asked if she could have a puppy play date for a few hours. Well that went so well that we called and asked if Izzie could spend the night. Kalie was so happy! The two of them were glued together the entire day/night. Where ever Kalie went Izzie followed.
We had a very busy day! The morning started off with a cookie booth sale and meeting Izzie, things just got busier. I had to run Kasie to work (by noon), go back to the cookie booth, end the cookie booth, afternoon errands, getting our hair cut, running Katie to work, library trip, and a cookie drop off all with a dog in tow. LOL! It was crazy! We also stopped at Petco, got some doggie treats and had Izzie’s nails trimmed. By that time I knew that we would be keeping her.
Kalie, Izzie and I picked the older girls up at 9ish from work. We all changed into our pajamas and went to Brewster’s (Ice Cream) for free waffle cones. Once a year (the first weekend in March) they have pajama day. If you come to Brewster’s in you pajamas they give you a free waffle cone. They also give dogs a free puppy sundae (vanilla ice cream and a doggie biscuit) whenever you come. Katie worked at Brewster’s for 2 year. We LOVE Brewster’s.
To be continued ...
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Saturday ~ A new dog?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment