Sunday, March 9, 2008

Friday ~ Icky and rainy.

Today was an icky rainy day! We schooled for a bit in the morning and then I decided we were done for the day. I was getting restless. In our area a local roller skating rink has homeschool roller skating on the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month from 1:00 – 3:00 for $3. We (ok really I) decided that it was time to go. I had been suggesting it for months to Kalie and today was the day.

It was a bit rough at first: with her anxiety, not knowing how to skate and it being very close to the assisted living that Bill had lived in before he died. But … we survived. Had an OK time and will be returning! Kalie has made so much progress in her behavior and dealing with new situations in the past 2 months. I am amazed!

After skating we dropped Kasie off at work and went to Kalie’s favorite store, the “pay by the pound” GoodWill. We got two more games, a few books, some “junky” toys and … 2 pairs of moon shoes. They are this strap on you shoes, be suspended on stretchy bands, walking device. Kalie loved them in the store. Both pairs weighed less than 3 pounds, so for $3 I couldn’t say no. She can’t wait for Hannah to come over and play. LOL!

We went home, let the dog out and played. We ran errands with the dog in tow and picked Kasie up at 10ish. Izzie has been a wonderful addition to our family. Kalie enjoys her so much and she is very loving. She LOVES to ride in the car and take walks with Kalie. She also lays right at your feet if you are sitting in a chair (computer, desk or dining room) but if you are on the couch she wants to lay on you. LOL!

So all in all it was a very good day!

0 comments: