Tuesday was a great day! We went to pre-school in the morning. Today was “G” day so we played games! They had so much fun. We broke into groups and played Boggle Jr. and Playful Patterns (a shape matching/building game). Kalie did a great job “teaching” and playing the games with the kids. We only had 6 kids (usually 9) so it was a quiet day.
Afterwards we delivered cookies to Kasie’s work (Build a Bear Workshop). Over the weekend people ordered cookies and I wanted to get rid of them before the next booth sale.
Since we were so close … we stopped at the GoodWill Clearance center (or pay by the pound GoodWill as Kalie calls it). Everything is piled onto large rolling carts and you have to dig for the treasures. If you do not have one near you, I am sorry! It is the best thing ever! Kalie LOVES it! Everything is 99 cents a pound, except for the books which are 10 cents a pound. Kalie thinks it is better than Christmas! LOL!
We buy lots of books, some to read and some to “destroy”. I will buy her old “encyclopedia” type books and let her cut out the pictures to use for projects and notebooks. We also buy lots of old school text books to cut apart, do experiments or mini lessons and use as resources. I also let Kalie get a bunch of “junky” toys since they are so cheap. She gets her fill of “kid’s meal” toys with out buying the kids meals. Then once a season we go through her toys and re-donate them (as well as other toys). They also have clothing, but we usually spend too much time looking at the other stuff that we do not have time to look at the clothes.
Well this week we both hit the jackpots! LOL! She found a collection of toys. I found practically new games (with all the pieces), books and a few household decorations. We found Battleship, Tripoley, ‘smath and 3 new sealed animal puzzles. We already had travel Battleship (from when the older girls were younger) but it was too small for Kalie to play. Tripoley is a combo game of Snap, Go Fish and War. (If anyone has this game please contact me. I need help understanding the rules.) “smath is a Scrabble type game with math equations, it looks like it might be fun (and educational, but don’t tell Kalie).
We had a great time and only spent $16.00! I felt like we were stealing, because we got a HUGE bag (bigger than a 30 gallon size trash bag) of stuff.
Then we had to rush off to Art class. Today they studied Monet. Kalie did a sunset painting. I chatted with another parent (I was able to fill my socialization need, which is usually lacking because of Kalie’s anxiety). The rest of the day we played games and read! It was a GREAT day!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Tuesday ~ MMCC, Treasure Hunting and Art Class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow, that sounds like a great store We don't have anything like that around.
As for your older dd's job, I think my dd would feel it was a dream come tru to work at build a bear. LOL
Post a Comment