Sunday, August 24, 2008

He is Our King

This summer Kasie had to be back at camp on Sunday mornings at about 10:00. So it was near impossible to go to church. It was very hard for me not being able to go to church. Once we are out of a routine it is very hard for us to get back into what we should do (and what we need).

Well camp is over, the big girls have moved back into their dorms and our life is on it's way back to normal (as normal as our life is, LOL!). Kalie and I were able to go to church and the message was just what I needed to hear. God is so GOOD!

At the beginning of the service we sang:

He is Our King
He is our king. He is our love.
He is our God who's come
To bring us back to him.
He is the one. He is Jesus.

This song touched me. I do not know if I have ever heard it before or not, but today this song stayed with me for most of the day.

The sermon was titled God Is Alive: The Book of Acts (Acts 1:1-14).

Toby (pastor) said a few things that made me think all day ...

He (Jesus) died the death I should have, after he lived the life I couldn't.

There are no spectators in the Kingdom of God, only participants.

I do not know why these quotes were so profound to me as I have heard them before, but today it struck me as very important. I typed them up and posted it in our dining/school room. I think it is something I should read every day.

1 comments:

Salar37_Shushan said...

Joyce often says that we believers often don't need a 'new' word as much as a 'now' word. Guess these quotes were 'now' words for you this week. Praise to our King who has blessed your heart today!

Susan in va