God is good!
I have been very stressed about money lately. We have the monthly income for the absolute necessities: rent, power, Internet (most of Kalie's curriculum is found free on line), cell phone (we do not have a home phone), car insurance, food. Anything extra is always unknown. We try to do free or cheap things as much as possible. With the prices of gas lately our "socialization" has decreased. I have passed on many wonderful free or cheap field trips because I couldn't justify the gas expense.
I had been a nanny for the most precious little girl (Carlee) for 2 years and then last August she went to preschool (daycare). It was nice having just Kalie, but the loss of income took away all of our "mad" money. I have been praying for another child to watch for a few months. I told everyone I knew to keep their ears open for opportunities. I posted an offer on our church email loop.
Nothing for weeks.... then Susanna email me. YEA! She needed someone to watch her 8 year old daughter 3 days a week this summer. We go to church together, Wendy and Kalie are in the same class for children's worship. So now we have some mad money to play with for the summer. Which means we can go to all or most of the free activities for the summer library reading program, we can attend a few free or low cost field trips that are a little further from home and we can visit different parks in the county.
Wendy and Kalie.
Kalie is excited to have someone her age to play with.
Another great perk ... Wendy use to be homeschooled. So her mother is thrilled that we will be doing many educational things this summer. Susanna had wanted to use Story of the World with her kids and try a classical approach with education, but she had to return to work. So she is very happy that Wendy will be getting the experience this summer.
So I am homeschooling 2 this summer. Which I am finding almost easier than just 1. They can play games together and Kalie tries to hurry so they will have free time to play. I save the boring stuff for when Wendy is not here. I pray that this works out!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Wendy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment