Okay so let me tell you first off that I am not this huge animal lover. I like them, but do not want to have a zoo. LOL! Three cats, a dog, and a part time fish (it lives in the dorm with Kasie most of the time) are plenty enough for me! Actually they are too much for me. Well … I do not always have the deciding vote in our house. I run a democracy; sometimes I wish it was not. LOL!
While we are at Art class today (Kasie joined us) we played with Ms. Samantha’s chickens again. Ms. Samantha lives in the real country; not the have a big yard with no trees to climb and still have neighbors country like we do (Kalie’s words). Ms. Samantha has a wonderful husband who supports her crazy, eclectic, creative homeschooling adventure. They have a dog, five cats (two who will be having kittens soon), two guinea pigs, two birds, 3 roosters and many chickens! So … while we are there Kasie is talking to Ms. Samantha about her chickens and how cool it is to have chickens just walking around your yard. Somehow (I do not know because I missed the beginning of the conversation) Kasie discovered that you could get baby chicks at the local Feed and Seed for under $5 each. So, guess what Kalie is going to get for Easter. How crazy is this? Ms. Samantha said that when the chick was too old to keep in the house we could add it to her “flock”.
Our homeschool adventure is becoming more and more unschooled. I need help!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Am I CRAZY? Chickens in our house?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a fun present, and great to know that the baby chick will have a loving home when he grows bigger!
Wish we could do something like that!
Valerie
Post a Comment