Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday

Today was a busy day. I am tired!

We woke up late and had to rush this morning. (I am so not a morning person so this was not fun!)

We went to MMCC this morning. It was the first Tuesday so we had to combine classes and move upstairs. It was very hectic, but we made the best of it. We made Valentines for our families and watched Hermie.

Then errands had to be done. Kalie and I had to go to county tax office and the DMV. YUCK! (and expensive) It took forever at the county tax office but I was able to convince them to waive the late fee since it was their fault. I was so worried about going to the DMV, thinking it might take hours! It was our lucky day though...it only took 7 minutes from start to finish. Can you believe it?

Kalie went to her first Art class today. She did very well. She stayed in the kitchen and I was able to sit in the living room (cutting out pages for future lapbooks). I could not see her but could hear her. She did very well. She participated and interacted with the other 3 children in the class. I was so happy! She had fun and did a wonderful drawing!

While I was cutting, I remembered last year. Kalie left public school in January of 2007. I made the mistake of trying to get her into "classes" too soon. She took an art class at a local art mission (school) that lasted all of 3 classes. I had paid for the complete semester ($120) and did not get a refund. What a difference a year makes. Not only in Kalie but myself as well. She has become more trusting and less anxious. I have relaxed ALOT and realized that it is not about me and what I want and need, it's about what is best for Kalie.

We did not get home until almost 4:00. It was such a nice day that we spent the next 2 hours outside on the back deck. Kalie playing with toy animals, bubbles, the cats and riding her scooter, while I continued to cut. My hands are cramping from all of the cutting I have done today. LOL!

The sun started to set, so we had to come inside. Kalie worked more on her Books of the Bible lapbook. She is taking a very long time to finish this lapbook because she is working so hard to make everything "perfect". I am very impressed with her diligence. She is very excited to show her sisters. She misses them so much during the week and then drives them crazy over the weekends. LOL!

All in all I would say today was 7 out of 10! I am very happy with a 7. I hope your day has been at least a 7!

0 comments: